|“||Shame. Embarrassment. Desperation. Physical impairment. I must inquire about this recipe.||”|
Reyfald, the clerk at the local fishery in Stalwart, claims that Haeferic has a store of expensive spirits at the inn, tucked away somewhere in the cellar. Reyfald offers the Watcher a reward in exchange for finding a bottle for him.
- This is a quest that can be over quickly or take a bit of time to solve. For the former, simply tell Haeferic that Reyfald is after his liquor, which will net a quest failure, 200, and a 10% discount at the inn.
- Otherwise you have two main quest paths:
- Pilfer Haeferic's stash for a bottle - only for it to be poisoned, then hunt down the ingredients needed for an antidote.
- Obtain the genuine article and share it with Reyfald.
Fake Fennlan Liquor
- Head to The Gréf's Rest. If you saved Keydy, she can be persuaded to disarm the outermost trap. Otherwise, head to the cellar below and face the trap gauntlet set up by Haeferic to discourage those wishing to pilfer his stock. The chest is in the northeastern corner, surrounded by six floor traps, with a seventh on the container itself. The two to the lower right are level 8, the rest level 5 (except for the one right next to the chest, which is level 4). The chest is also level 5. However, the prize lies on the racks in the middle: Fennlan Liquor.
- Deliver the bottle to Reyfald (and gain 100) It backfires, as expected. Reyfald's face goes numb and he can't feel a thing, so he begs you to ask Haeferic about a cure. The innkeeper has a hearty laugh about the whole thing and tells you to find a river reed and one ice troll heart to cure Reyfald's condition. Both of these can be found in Russetwood.
- Return to Haeferic with the ingredients, then simply deliver the bubbling antidote to Reyfald to complete the quest.
Genuine Fennlan Liquor
- Instead of ratting on Reyfald, or jumping through hoops to obtain the trick liquor for Reyfald (only to have to cure him anyway), a patient Watcher will be rewarded with a bottle of the real Fennlan Liquor by returning to Haeferic upon either opening Durgan's Battery, or by discovering the White Forge (and finishing The White March - Part I in the process). Simply talk to him afterwards, and instead of giving you the usual round of drinks, he'll hand you a bottle.
- This option is unavailable if Reyfald has already been poisoned with the fake liquor.
- Only one bottle can be obtained.
- Deliver the bottle to an ecstatic Reyfald to complete the quest. The rewards are the same, though you get 100 more if you decide to have a drink with him.
- Only ice trolls in Russetwood drop the required heart. One will appear in the North-East corner of the map once you have advanced to the point in the quest where the heart is required.
- The real liquor can be sold for 500, so the more profitable route would be to obtain the real liquor, then hand Reyfald the fake liquor (and then make up an antidote) for the quest reward.
|0||A Lovely Drop|
|10000||Reyfald is desperate for a taste of Fennlan Liquor - and the only source of it is Haeferic's private, and zealously guarded, stocks.|
|1||Search the Gréf's Rest Cellar for Fennlan Liquor.|
|10001||Reyfald, the clerk at the local fishery in Stalwart, claims that Haeferic has a store of expensive spirits at the inn, tucked away somewhere in the cellar. Reyfald has offered me a reward in exchange for finding a bottle for him.|
|2||Return to Reyfald.|
|10002||I found the bottle of Fennlan Liquor on a shelf at the center of a nest of traps. Reyfald will be glad to see it.|
|3||Ask Haeferic about a cure.|
|10003||The bottle of liquor turned out to be a trap of some kind - Reyfald's lost all feeling in his face, which is causing him no small amount of panic. The Gréf's Rest innkeeper may know more about just what went into the concoction, and whether there's a way to counter the effects.|
|4||Find the ingredients for a cure for Reyfald.|
|10004||Haeferic told me that he can whip up an antidote for Reyfald's miserable condition if I bring him some river reeds and an ice troll's heart. He suggested that both plant and beast can be found in the Russetwood, out west.|
|20000||I slew an ice troll and retrieved its heart.|
|20001||I've managed to find some river reeds.|
|5||Return to Haeferic.|
|10005||I have both of the ingredients Haeferic asked for. If I take them back to the inn, he should be able to make that antidote for Reyfald.|
|6||Give the antidote to Reyfald.|
|10006||Haeferic was true to his word, and gave me a mixture for Reyfald to drink which should cure his little problem.|
|Quest Failed - Killed Reyfald or Haeferic|
|Player was honest to Haeferic|
|30001||I told Haeferic about Reyfald's plan to steal his Readceran liquor. He didn't seem particularly surprised, but he did thank me for my honesty, and gave me some coin for my troubles.|
|Player Left Reyfald suffering from the curse|
|30002||It's clear that the Fennlan Liquor was a trap, and one with a particular target. I decided that Reyfald earned his woes, and left him to sort out his own problems.|
|Player gave Reyfald the cure|
|30003||I got the cure from Haeferic, and Reyfald is back to normal, for better or worse. He was very relieved, and gave me a set of gloves he'd crafted as a reward.|
|Player gave Reyfald real stout (post-Battery)|
|30005||Haeferic rewarded me with a bottle of Fennlan Liquor after I unsealed the door to Durgan's Battery. I decided to give it to Reyfald, who was very grateful for my kindness.|