Background[edit | edit source]
Balefire Beacon is one of the oldest foreign settlements in the Deadfire, first erected by dwarven trailblazers who formed the first trade relations with the local Huana tribes circa 2742 AI - until they were driven off by the undead and naga relentlessly attacking their position. After Dunnage was resettled and the pestilence driven off, it was adopted as a capital fortress of the Principi sen Patrena.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The main hall of the Beacon still bears the damage from the naga and undead attack that wiped out the original dwarven garrison, however, it was restored as the seat of power for the Principi. The main council chamber is at the opposite end of the main hall, with Captain Furrante typically in attendance.
- The seats, from left to right belong to:
- One of the seats will bear Captain Falanroed's name, if you helped Sefyra, the adra dragon take the dragon hunter over during The Master Below in Pillars of Eternity.
- You can loot Furrante's office to the side with impunity. It contains a good 2000 cp in the hidden safe.
- The staircase to the northeast leads to the top of the tower.
- Tower top
- The top of Balefire is where executions according to the rites of the Principi takes place - it also offers a stunning view of the surrounding area.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Captain Furrante, the head of the Principi
- Selinia, survivor of the Floating Hangman attack
- Two-Eyed Pim, the the third chair of the Consuaglo mes Casitas.