The Royal Deadfire Company wants to chase the slavers off of Crookspur Island. The port of Crookspur lies on the eastern side of an island northwest of Neketaka.
- After completing Overgrowth, Fleet Master Okaya will request that you speak with Atsura back at Imperial Command. Atsura explains that the RDC wants the slavers on Crookspur Island gone, and it's your job to make that happen.
- This is a quest that can be tackled in a variety of ways, but ultimately requires purging the slavers from the island. For a detailed walkthrough, see the quest A Shrewd Proposition.
- If you return to Atsura after completing Tip of the Spear you will automatically fail the quest and will receive major negative reputation with the RDC. Doing so will mean that you are no longer able to side with Royal Deadfire Company during The Coming Storm and The Final Maneuver.
- However if you return to Atsura after killing Master Kua (regardless of if you had completed Tip of the Spear or associated quests), you will not fail the quest. This is the only way to do both Furrante's side of A Shrewd Proposition (and extended quests), and Clearing Out Crookspur.
- After killing Master Kua
- After leaving Crookspur, you will be greeted by yet another RDC fleet. This time, you will meet Kana Rua (he unfortunately is not voiced), who is tasked with securing the port of Crookspur against pirates and slavers. Kana will reminisce your adventures together in the Dyrwood, during Pillars of Eternity. Make sure to swap Maia into your party for some added spice.
- Return to Atsura in the Imperial Command - Lower. You can question the RDC's haste sending warships to swoop in on Crookspur
- After this quest, the Royal Deadfire Company will occupy Crookspur. This occurs 12 hours after handing in the quest.
Kana Rua dialogue
|"After, what, escaping that collapsing ice cavern?"||The events at Cayron's Scar|
|"Defeating not one, but three dragons!"||Killing the Alpine Dragon, Sky
Dragon and Adra Dragon
|"Defeating a dragon hewn out of solid adra!"||Killing the Adra Dragon, Sefyra|
|"After besting the Leaden Key?" or
"Besting the Leaden Key!"
|"Unveiling the forgotten language of the ancients!"||Learning the Engwithan language during Undying Heritage|
|"Thwarting the gods themselves!"||?|
- If you failed this quest, but still want to side with the RDC in The Coming Storm, use the console command
SetGlobalValue b_RDC04_Returned_To_Atsura 1before speaking to Hazanui Karū (and ensure you have already completed A Matter of Import).
|0||Clearing Out Crookspur|
|10000||The Royal Deadfire Company wants to chase the slavers off of Crookspur Island.|
|40001||Fleet Master Okaya told me that Atsura would like to speak to me about a new task.|
|40002||Hazanui Karū told me that Atsura would like to speak to me about a new task.|
|1||Travel to Crookspur.|
|10001||The port of Crookspur lies on the eastern side of an island northwest of Neketaka.|
|20008||Atsura told me the Wahaki may also be interested in eliminating the slavers. I can find them on the island of Ori o Koīki.|
|20000||The Wahaki also asked me to get rid of the slavers.|
|20010||I need to take care of this matter if I want to ally with the Royal Deadfire Company.|
|2||Find and kill Master Kua in Crookspur.|
|10002||Atsura told me that killing Master Kua will send the rest of the slavers running. I just have to find him and confront him.|
|20004||I've been given an audience with Master Kua, who runs the operation on Crookspur.|
|20005||Master Kua has given me access to the lower levels of Crookspur.|
|20006||Crookspur has been put on high alert, and the fortress is on lockdown. The master will be harder to reach. A drawbridge also bars the main exit.|
|20007||The merchant Seafol believes that slavers are peddling Deadfire locals.|
|20009||A group of Wahaki slaves agreed to cause a distraction if I free them from their cell. The ogre taskmaster in the dungeon of Crookspur holds the keys to the their cell.|
|20002||The Wahaki have made good on their word and incited a revolt on Crookspur. The path to the master should be clear now.|
|20003||Instead of having Bauha start a revolt, I convinced her to escape back to Ori o Koīki.|
|3||Return to Atsura at Imperial Command in the Brass Citadel.|
|10003||I scared Kua into leaving Crookspur, and the remaining slavers are going with him.
Atsura will be pleased I got rid of them.
|4||Return to Atsura at Imperial Command in the Brass Citadel.|
|10004||I killed Master Kua, and the remaining slavers are leaving Crookspur.
Atsura will be pleased I got rid of them.
|9||Speak to Atsura in the Brass Citadel.|
|10009||Atsura has another matter to discuss with me. He's waiting for me in his office at Imperial Command.|
|-||20001||I have the weapons that were stolen from the Wahaki. With them, the captured warriors may be able to help me.|
|30000||The slavers are gone from Crookspur.|
|30001||The Royal Deadfire Company wants nothing more to do with me, so I won't be reporting back to them anytime soon.|