Pillars of Eternity
The Dracogen Inn is the only inn in Dyrford Village.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Dracogen Inn is a marker of a new era in Dyrford's history, the first building constructed after the thaynu governing the region made the mistake of siding with the Empire during the War of Defiance. A contingent of the Knights of the Crucible destroyed her keep, securing Dyrford for the fledgling nation. The inn was supposed to be a haven and a meeting place while the locals built their new town. However, Dyrwoodans are an ornery lot, and the more these new neighbors met, the more they argued. They realized they didn't agree on much beside ousting the old lord. The biggest divide was over the Glanfathans and their nearby ruins. Hadret's knights and their supporters wanted to keep the peace, but a group of misfits with more anarchic leanings that had formed in town wanted to go after the tribes the same way they'd gone after their lord. Soon, the villagers were fighting with each other as much as with the Aedyrans. In the end, memories of the Broken Stone War and the War of Black Trees were fresh enough that the duc's soldiers won the day. Most of the other villagers came around eventually, but some of the core troublemakers left to join the front lines of the War of Defiance, and others found their way into the Guided Compass, the most forward-looking of the Glanfathan tribes.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The ground floor is dominated by the huge counter with Dengler manning it. The Lord lurks nearby, while Sid, the local bard, stares at the fire in hopes of finding inspiration.
- The upper level has three rooms, with the suite occupied by Nyfre.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Dengler, the innkeeper.
- Eorn, if you decided to help him in the Copperlane catacombs as part of the Unwanted task.
- Lord Harond during the quest Blood Legacy
- Pace, a cook tending to the kitchen.
- Sid, the bard.
- Nyfre, the escapee of the task Cat and Mouse on the second floor.
- Backer NPCs
Rooms[edit | edit source]
|Wurm's Nest||2 rests||120 cp|
|Drake's Den||2 rests||150 cp|
|Dragon's Lair||1 rest||200 cp|
Loot[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Guildmaster's Staff: Hidden under a plank in the eastern room on the second floor.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
- 3x Beer
Upper floor[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]