The Dungeons of Caed Nua contain nine cells. Upgrading the dungeons will allow you to take prisoners during your travels.
These dark, foreboding cells were once the domain of prisoners and their wardens. Now they're mostly overrun by spiders, but can be restored to full functionality by a new master.
Points of interest
- The dungeons are reached by stairs in a room in the north corner of the main level. At the south-west corner is another set of stairs that leads to the Endless Paths of Od Nua. The area is lousy with spiders of a very broad variety.
- You can imprison people you capture on your travels here, although they may be able to successfully escape if the security in Caed Nua is too low.
Once you have restored the dungeons, you get the option to take certain characters prisoner during your travels. Usually, the way it works is that you have to fight them, and then, when their health is almost at zero, they initiate dialog asking for mercy, and you have the option to either finish them off or take them prisoner.
Note that if you take someone prisoner, they're immediately teleported to the Caed Nua dungeons, leaving behind the loot they'd have dropped if killed. If the loot doesn't appear after choosing to imprison them, leaving and re-entering the area will spawn it where they fell.
Two types of random events that can take place at the stronghold each turn, affect prisoners:
- Escape attempts: – A prisoner may try to escape. Your stronghold security rating determines how likely the escape attempt is to succeed. A prisoner who successfully escapes is gone forever.
- Visitor requests: – A visitor may appear who asks you to release one or all of your prisoners to them, usually in return for money:
- A distant relative offers 700 (one random prisoner).
- Geyda wants to conduct some experiments and will pay 200 for a subject (one random prisoner).
- At her first visit, Geyda will offer 500 (100 with Resolve 16) for all currently held prisoners together.
- Solmar the Shackler will pay 1,200 (one random prisoner).
- Patch 3.03 introduced more options with prisoners, such as selling them to various people who happen along. The average price is typically in the realm of 1,200.
List of qualifying characters
The following can be taken prisoner:
Behind the scenes
- This area contains developer commentary.
|“||Like many of the stronghold maps, the design of this area had to accommodate multiple sets of content. In this scene the players' introduction to the area is a spider-infested dungeon where a great deal of combat and stealth can occur. Later on, once the player unlocks the stronghold, the area serves as a dungeon where they can imprison various characters through their travels in which in and of itself offers its own reactivity for this particular scene.||”|
|~ Matthew Perez, Junior Designer