Durgan's Battery (Foundry)
|Durgan's Battery (Foundry)|
The White March - Part I
Background[edit | edit source]
The heart of the Battery, built around the White Forge: A massive dragon skull carved out of stone, standing silent vigil over the workshop, with a maw filled with a network of steel dividers, tubes and vents, with a pair of golden rings set into the sockets to accept adra spheres. The resulting facility leveraged the unique power of the fires, using adra veins to siphon essence into steel as the dwarves shaped it. Durgan steel became known as the finest in the world thanks to the combination of essence siphoning, excellent and consistent heat of the forge, and dwarven skill. The refineries also produced extremely high quality copper that was used in coinage, art, and jewelry.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This is where the White Forge is located. Continue down the corridor to be greeted by a cutscene with the three komandants preparing to repulse the ogre attack. The sector to the southeast contains a room with a level 13 lock (the armory contains rare loot and a library opposite. Inspect it for a Cloak of Minor Missiles and Annals of the Pargrunen. Further down the corridor is a spirit-filled workshop with a troop of Battery defenders. Inside the workshop is a Shimmering Cloak.
- In the other direction is a passageway punched through the rock of the mountain. Immediately beyond is a corridor leading to a map room with a globe showing all Pargrunen settlements across Eora. To access the hidden vault, press the sapphires representing Old Vailia, the Living Lands, and Rauatai. This opens up the treasure with lots of coin, Wodewys, Bracers of Spiritual Power, Girdle of Eoten Constitution, and Boots of Evasion.
- The opposite room contains a shrine to Abydon, including some minor loot, an ingot, and an adra sphere.
- The main corridor surrounds the White Forge. The piles of dead dwarves littering the floor are remnants of the brutal massacre that rolled through the Battery. Pilfer the table for an armory key and the trapped chest for an adra sphere. Down the corridor lies a study filled with minor loot. Grab On the Binding of Souls from the table. The copper basin contains an adra disc you need for reactivating the Forge. Reaching for it activates the Armswarden, who will decry your attempt to steal from the Pargrunen. Shades and sirens spawn in the corridor, together with traps (beneath the White March coats of arms).
- Down the steps lies the White Forge. It's filled with the discarded bodies of the dwarves, processed in service to the forge. The steps in the back lead to the watchtower. To activate the forge, see The White Forge.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Chief Curate Exandru, Armswarden Marunn, Coinmaster Zoltun: The ghastly apparitions of the komendants of the Battery.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Gauntlets of Swift Action, Girdle of the Driving Wave,
- Shimmering Cloak: In the workshop to the south-east.
- Ring of Overseeing: In the map room.
- Wodewys, Bracers of Spiritual Power, Girdle of Eoten Constitution, and Boots of Evasion: Treasury.
- Ring of Searing Flames: White Forge.