|“||Politics, infighting, greed. And a shrine to Magran as well. Her clergy belongs there.||”|
The government district, named as such to commemorate it as the place where the revolution started. It hosts the Ducal Palace, Vailian embassy, and Crucible Keep. An old, derelict temple of Woedica is also present, deliberately left to rot and decay.
Points of interest
- This is a central hub map, connecting all four of the main districts of Defiance Bay. In the center is a crier, the local news network, standing next to a ruined tower, otherwise the notable characters are located inside the buildings.
- To the north is the Ducal Palace, seat of power for the rulers of the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood and the current Duc Aevar Wolf-Grin.
- To the east is Crucible Keep, the Knights of the Crucible's main base of operations within the Defiance Bay and surrounding areas.
- To the west is the Vailian Embassy, residence and offices of Vicent Agosti, the Vailian Republics' ambassador to The Dyrwood.
- Approach the Temple of Woedica and you can encounter a ghost belonging to lord Adwellen Rügfald III, who is a crucial part of the main quest.
- Adwellen Rügfald III, the ghost of.
- Kad'lr Koan
- Quinalin Grapplewind
- Ravadav Durr
- Ruben Torres
- "Twelvecharms" Maggie Tiller
- Urist Nakazul
Some companions have a special comment upon visiting the Temple of Woedica:
- Aloth: "This looks like the place Maerwald described."
- Sagani: "Is this the old church you were looking for?"
- Kana Rua: "This would be the temple Maerwald spoke of. Or what remains of it."
- Hiravias: "This was once hallowed ground for Woedica's faithful. I wonder how long it's been abandoned..."
- Edér: "This'd be our church of Woedica. Heh, Dyrwoodans. Probably the first thing we burned during the revolution."
Two companions have a special comment upon reaching the Ducal Palace:
- Durance: "Politics, infighting, greed. And a shrine to Magran as well. Her clergy belongs there."
- Grieving Mother: "Too many... minds here, all shallow."
Durance has a special comment upon reaching the Vailian Embassy:
- Durance: "All these circling feet, heading nowhere."
Behind the scenes
- The First Fires district was likely going to have four additional "house" locations, as evidenced by the unused area IDs:
AR_0206_First_Fires_House_04_Upper. It's possible that these were moved to Copperlane at some point during development.