Deadfire - Northeast
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Gain the favour of the Wahaki tribe
Fail to gain support from the Wahaki tribe
The Shadow Under Neketaka
Queen Onekaza has asked me to recruit the Wahaki tribe to her cause. Though confrontational and divisive, she feels that the tribe will prove a critical ally in the contentious days ahead. The tribe can be found on Ori o Koīki, a fiercely protected island of dense jungle, to the northwest of Neketaka.
- Leave Neketaka and head northwest towards Ori o Koīki. Once you get to the island, head east and speak to Kipeha - a tribe member keeping guard of the lift up to the village. She cautions you to head back to your ship (strangely in past-tense). Naturally, she won't be willing to let a bunch of strangers in, but you can convince her with one of the following:
- 1,000 and either the Deadfire Archipelago background or Streetwise 5 (Huana: Minor Positive)
- Diplomacy 8 or Insight 9 to tell her that you desire a "deeper understanding of their tribe" (Pro-Huana) - the checks following don't matter.
- Tell her that the Queen wishes an alliance with the Wahaki - using the treaty phrase "Over crumbling mountains, across blighted seas". If you fail to recall the phrase, she'll fire an arrow at your head (you can dodge it with Athletics 7) and put the tribe on alert.
- If you've started the concurrent quest Tip of the Spear, you can warn them that the Crookspur slavers seek vengeance against the Wahiki tribe - the checks following don't matter.
- Once you gain access to the village talk to the ranga, Ruāsare, to learn her terms: Wipe out the slavers at Crookspur and in return, she will support the crown.
- This starts the quest Cruel Cargo. Complete this quest then return to the queen for your reward; 2,500 and Major Positive reputation with Huana.
- Otherwise, if you failed to gain access, started combat with the tribe, or if Ruāsare is killed, the quest will be over and you'll be forced to explain yourself to the Queen.
|10000||Queen Onekaza has asked me to recruit the Wahaki tribe to her cause. Though confrontational and divisive, she feels that the tribe will prove a critical ally in the contentious days ahead.|
|1||Travel to Ori o Koīki to speak with the Wahaki chieftain.|
|10001||The tribe can be found on Ori o Koīki, a fiercely protected island of dense jungle, to the northwest of Neketaka .|
|20004||The queen cautioned me that the Wahaki have a violent history and have done terrible things to survive the Deadfire's volatile climate.|
|20001||Ori o Koīki - the "Cursed Land of Corpses" - is named for the abundance of koīki (corpsefruit) trees and rumors of Engwithan ruins in the deeper jungle.|
|20000||The queen told me the passphrase that will identify her herald to the Wahaki. It is "over crumbling mountains, across blighted seas."|
|20002||The queen intends to unite the Huana into the imperial power they were in days of old.|
|2||Speak with the Wahaki chieftain.|
|10002||Now that I have arrived on Ori o Koīki, the Wahaki chieftain may want to hear Onekaza's offer.|
|3||Deal with the Crookspur slavers.|
|10003||Ruāsare asked me to dispatch the slavers of Crookspur, an island to the northwest of Neketaka. This was her condition for earning the trust of the Wahaki.|
|4||Return to Ori o Koīki.|
|10004||Now that the Crookspur slavers have been dealt with it, Ruāsare will want to learn of my progress.|
|5||Return to Queen Onekaza.|
|10005||Now that I have forged an alliance with the Wahaki, Queen Onekaza will desire my full report.|
|7||Return to Queen Onekaza.|
|10007||The Wahaki tribe will not be fighting alongside the Kahanga any time soon. Though she may not be pleased, Queen Onekaza will want to hear of it.|
|12||Speak to Ruāsare about an alliance.|
|10012||I need to return to Ori o Koīki and propose the offer of an alliance between the Wahaki and the Huana to Ruāsare.|
|-||20007||The Wahaki refuse to consider an alliance so long as the slavers at Crookspur remain a threat.|
|30000||Somebody critical to the completion of this quest has been killed|
|30001||I succeeded in recruiting the Wahaki to Queen Onekaza's cause. The Huana's strength in the Deadfire should grow significantly.|
|30002||Negotiations with the Wahaki turned violent. The tribe will not be joining Queen Onekaza's cause.|
|30003||My negotiations with the Wahaki were unsuccessful. Queen Onekaza will have to do without the tribe's aid.|