A Vailian named Rinatto arrived at Twin Elms hoping to cure his problem: Namely, his penis can no longer sustain a proper erection. Masquerading his purchase as a trading contract, he purchased herbs called Elardh Holah to cure it. What he failed to consider is the possibility that he is simply too old for them to work.
Meet Rinatto at near the entrance to the Celestial Sapling Inn in Hearthsong. He claims that Alarhî sold him some herbs that don't work. He asks you to go to Alarhî in Hearthsong Market and get his money back.
When you speak to Alarhî, she tells you that the herbs are fine, and that Rinatto's penis is too old and withered for them to work. She will also note that slandering one's host is a breach of etiquette and insist on throwing him out of Twin Elms by accusing him of robbing Engwithan ruins. At this point, you have three options:
- You can insist that Alarhî return the money, and then fight her and her entourage.
- With 10 Lore or Twin Elms Reputation 4 (Champion), you can persuade Alarhî that returning the money would better serve her tribe's reputation. You receive Rinatto's Money. You also get a Tiny Beetle.
- You can agree to her plan to try to convince Rinatto to leave.
Return to Rinatto.
- If you return his money, he will move into Celestial Sapling Inn and start selling traps. (Twin Elms: Moderate Negative)
- If you give him the message from Alarhî you will get the option to do a Dexterity 15, Constitution 13, or Resolve 15 check, or an "I wouldn't do that" choice which all end up in Rinatto killed in a cutscene (you can loot him for an Exceptional Blunderbuss, worth 1,000). Instead of speaking to him, you can also just attack and kill him (the two non-Glanfathian NPCs nearby will join the fight, however not the Glanfathans, no reputation change at all). When you report to Alarhî you get a Moderate positive reputation increase for Twin Elms and 1,200.
- If you threaten his reputation (deceptive) you will be able to either give a Diplomatic response, or with 18 might an aggressive response, to convince him to leave town. When you report to Alarhî you get a Major positive reputation increase for Twin Elms and 1,200, and a 10% discount in Alarhî's shop.
- If you made Rinatto leave town, he will be waiting to intercept you in Elmshore with a bunch of thugs as revenge for being expelled. You can loot his exceptional blunderbuss, and his Grimoire, an exceptional morning star and a bunch of fine equipment and some money, equalling several thousand .
- You must have spoken to Anamenfath Bethwl in the Passage of the Six before you can get Rinatto to leave peacefully, as coercing him into leaving relies upon the Glanfathans knowing you're a Watcher.
|10000||I met a rather enraged Vailian merchant by the name of Rinatto in Hearthsong. It appears he purchased a pricey sum of Elardh Golah, an aphrodisiac plant gathered in the deep jungles of Eir Glanfath. However, he is convinced that Alarhî, the Glanfathan herbalist, sold him worthless goods. Rinatto intends on recovering his investment by any means necessary.|
|1||Talk to Alarhî in Hearthsong's Market.|
|10001||Rinatto told me that he was sold Elardh Golan of poor quality by a Alarhî, a merchant in Hearthsong's Market. I should speak with this Glanfathan woman and convince her to return the Vailian's copper.|
|20000||Alarhî has left the Hearthsong's Market, perhaps having learned that Rinatto enlisted me to pursue the Elardh Golah. I should find out where the herbalist has gone.|
|20002||I've found Alarhî at her dwelling, in Hearthsong. She's surrounded by Glanfathan warriors, seemingly ready to defend her at all costs.|
|2||Give the Money to Rinatto.|
|10002||I recovered the money that Rinatto paid Alarhî for the Elardh Golan. I should find Rinatto in Hearthsong, by the lift to the Celestial Sapling, and return the coins to him.|
|3||Convince Rinatto to Leave Twin Elms.|
|10003||Alarhî claims that the Vailian bought the Elardh Golan for his own use, not for trade, daring to insult her in public once he found that the herbs would not help him.
The Glanfathans, however, need trade to continue and want to avoid a direct confrontation with Rinatto. Alarhî thinks that the Vailian will leave willingly if I threaten him with charges of trading in Engwithan relics.
|4||Tell Alarhî you've dealt with Rinatto.|
|10004||Tell Alarhî you've dealt with Rinatto.|
|5||Find Alarhî at her Dwelling in the Hearthsong District.|
|10005||Iŵen, Alarhî's apprentice, told me the herbalist is currently at her dwelling, in the Hearthsong district. I should find Alarhî there if I want to confront her about tricking Rinatto out of his investment.|
|20001||Iŵen told me that Alarhî lives in a dwelling at the northern edge of Hearthsong, up the stairs from the marketplace.|
|6||Take Rinatto's Money from Alarhî.|
|10006||At Alarhî's dwelling in Hearthsong, I decided to fight her and take Rinatto's money by force. I should retrieve the coins from her corpse.|
|Got Money Back|
|30000||I was able to get Rinatto's money back from Alarhî, the Glanfathan merchant who duped him into buying a fake aphrodisiac remedy. I returned the coin to Rinatto. He offered to sell me his special wares in compensation for my effort.|
|30001||I decided to help Alarhî in getting rid of Rinatto and confronted the Vailian merchant. He budged under the pressure and left the Glanfathan city in a hurry.|
|30002||I decided to help Alarhî and confronted the Vailian merchant. Rinatto is dead, no longer will he trouble the Glanfathans.|
|Fail - Both R and A Dead|
|30003||Alarhî and Rinatto are dead.|