|Biography and appearance|
|Game||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire|
|Defenses||Def: 32 Fort: 53 Ref: 35 Will: 40|
Slash: 3 |
|Abilities||Hale and Hardy, Come, Come Soft Winds of Death, Thick Grew Their Tongues, Stumbling O'er Words, Two-Handed Style, The Thunder Rolled Like Waves on Black Seas, At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold|
|Location||The Wild Mare, upper floor|
|Drops||2x Oil of Allure, Potion of the Resilient Body, Vailian Clothing|
|Body||Fine Leather Armor|
Background[edit | edit source]
A burly dwarven man hums a jaunty tune to himself as he fastidiously organizes his collection of scented oils. When he hears you enter the room, he greets you with a smile and a humongous outstretched hand. His grip is strong and sure.
Konstanten is a talented chanter with a passion for pottery, though his huge hands precluded such delicate work. Instead, he learned massage and now specializes in relieving tension in aumaua and death godlike. The pay at The Wild Mare is good and he meets interesting enough clients - though he yearns for something beyond that.
Born on the Pearl Coast, Konstanten was one of the participants in the ancient trials of Kazuwari, fighting for years to earn Galawain's favor. The life of constant struggle and warfare, a cycle of fighting, sleeping, then fighting some more for weeks, has taken out a good chunk of him. He didn't fail - otherwise he wouldn't be breathing - but simply quit the contests. This put him at odds with the rest of his team, as they were handily dominating the trials. However, Konstanten went with his gut and got out while he was still ahead.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character is a party member.|
|This character has other interactions.|
Companion[edit | edit source]
- To recruit him as a sidekick, merely talk to him and suggest a more exciting life aboard the Defiant. He'll practically jump at the opportunity.
- Konstanten rarely says anything at first, but he'll have a hub conversation once you reach Kazuwari.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Through your dialog choices with him you can help Konstanten romance Fassina.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Named Bonteru during development, Konstanten was originally envisioned as "A mountain dwarf rogue obsessed with exploring the Deadfire and cataloguing its various poisonous plants and creatures. Bonteru has memorized the effects of hundreds of different poisons and is all too happy to describe them in detail to anyone who will listen."
- Besides closely resembling the first name "Konstantin", "Konstanten" is the plural form of the German translation of the noun "constant", as well as the Swedish definite form of the same word.