The library of Caed Nua contains countless volumes of ancient lore. Upgrading the library will grant a Lore bonus upon resting at Brighthollow.
The library of Caed Nua was once the envy of Dyrwood. However, ever since the erl and master of Caed Nua disappeared, it fell into ruin, becoming a haven for dark spirits. It still bears the old maps of colonial Dyrwood on its walls.
Points of interest
- Upgrading the library improves Lore by 2 for the next three rests when you rest in Brighthollow.
- Upon building the library, all books in the inventory will also be available on the library's shelves. As the player collects a book, the library automatically adds a copy to its shelves.
Some companions have a special comment upon visiting the restored library:
- Aloth: "Find a good epic and a flask of Aedyre brandy, and I could spend some time here."
- Kana Rua: "Look at all these books! I don't suppose we could stay here a while?"
- Hiravias: "No wonder Dyrwood is full of illiterate alcoholics - all the good books to read have been hiding in here!"
- Pallegina: "Surprisingly well-stocked for a backwater fortress."
- Sagani: "Could sleep half of Massuk in here. Including our foxes."
Behind the scenes
- This area contains developer commentary
|“||The stronghold library existed for a while in the design of the stronghold. Initially it granted the player Intellect and Lore bonus[es] upon resting at the stronghold. However once we began getting more and more lore books added to the game, we thought it would be a great idea if this could be a place where they could be stored once the player had found them in the world.||”|
|~ Matthew Perez, Junior Designer