Magran (Aedyran: MAH-grahn) is the goddess of war, fire and trials. Her followers are known as Magranites, popularly known for their boldness and quick wits. Her priests commonly employ firearms and her symbol is a flame in the Aedyr Empire and the flaming bomb in Dyrwood.
Magran's followers tend to be soldiers, officers, tacticians, strategists and those who forge warfare devices. She is described as "not a goddess of battle lust or celebration as much as military excellence and passionate discipline". However, Magranites believe trials of adversity, such as warfare, is a challenge that can elevate kith.
A more extreme understanding of trials of adversity were adopted by the followers of Durance in the Dyrwood, where she is a popular figure. They would seek out and test any they viewed as weak, often going as far as dispensing justice (which is traditionally an aspect of Woedica).
One of the most noticeable symbols of Magran's power and guidance are the holy braziers topping figures made in her image. These are most common in Defiance Bay. Dyrwoodan piety is commonly seen as superstition in the Vailian Republics, though to most Dyrwoodans it's just being sensitive to the signs and warnings of the gods.
Already known for their use of firearms, Magran priests from Ashfall collaborated to develop the Godhammer Bomb that destroyed St. Waidwen at Evon Dewr Bridge, ending the Saint's War. Magran had a direct hand in the victory after being goaded by Woedica. Magranites led mobs during the Eothasian Purges following the war.
Pillars of Eternity
- Magran is a mostly unseen force, but she is talked about extensively by Durance, who often calls her a "fickle bitch" or "whore".
- At Teir Evron during Council of Stars, Magran, Galawain and Abydon request that The Watcher use the souls Thaos has diverted to strengthen the Dyrwood.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
- Magran, along with Galawain, will request that the Watcher not try to stop Eothas.
- Magran can be directly conversed with during He Waits in Fire, at an altar in The Jagged Keep.
- Update #78: The Leaders of the Band: Chanters and Priests
- Update #20 with Josh Sawyer
- Description during Council of Stars and during scripted interactions in POE2
- Pillars of Eternity Collector's Edition Guide, pg. 24
- Magran references her plot with Woedica after leaving Port Maje: "I acted in haste during the Saint's War. You will not goad me into doing the same now."