Magran's Fork is a wilderness area in Pillars of Eternity.
A stretch of wilderness notable for the local shrine to Magran. The area is located just south of Gilded Vale, with the shrine marking a crossroads leading further towards the Black Meadow and Anslog's Compass.
Points of interest
- This is a fairly open map, with scattered points of interest. Foelmar is at a small camp right by the starting point.
- Head straight southeast, following the road, to find the aforementioned statue and Durance, her estranged priest and potential companion.
- To the northeast lies a ruined windmill, which will double as Kolsc's slummy hideout eventually. Mind the pack of wolves to the north.
- Ludrana and two Goldpact Knights are located to the southeast and will attack on sight. She drops Ludrana's Grimoire and Ludrana's Orders.
- There's a large adra formation to the west. Pilfer the corpse for a fine poleaxe.
- Finally, in the center of the map along the lower edge is a troll camp with Fulvano's Amulet and a Chewed Letter.
- Durance: a meadow folk, priest of Magran, and a joinable companion after Visions and Whispers.
- Foelmar: In a camp in the northwest section of the map. Talking to him starts a wolf attack. If you successfully protect him, he will give you 3x Potion of Minor Endurance.
- Ludrana: She, along with some mercenaries, will attack you on sight.
- Kolsc: Appears in the Ruined House in the northeast section, after you've agreed to help Lord Raedric in the quest Lord of a Barren Land.
- Gramrfel the Wayfarer: Appears only after you have already visited Defiance Bay.
- Sly Cyrdel: Appears near the adra pillars after taking on the bounty.
- Adra Formation
- Shrine of Magran
Behind the scenes
- This area contains developer commentary.
|“||Even though only one quest leads back to this area, I still wanted to make sure that something change[s] for the player that got further into the game and then decided to check out Magran's Fork again. For a short while a few of the classes; priests, chanters, and ciphers, were a little further behind than the others in terms of functionality. So they ended up underrepresented in a few areas. The encounter with Gramrfel was basically an effort to place all of those neglected classes somewhere and try them out.||”|
|~ Olivia Veras, Junior Designer