Deal with the bandits
The bandits will automatically start the conversation as soon as they see one of your characters. There are several ways to deal with the bandits:
- You can pay them 800 and they will leave and you don't have to fight them.
- Fight against all of them.
- You can threaten them and two bandits (Raolf and Norgar) won't join the fight against you. (Resolve >= 13)
- You can lie to them and one bandit (Elfya) won't join the fight against you. (Intellect >= 16 or The Living Lands culture)
- Scare them about the angry drake and one bandit (Elfya) won't join the fight against you. (Explorer background)
Get the Egg
Next there is a scripted interaction, you can either get a broken egg or an unharmed egg. Any of your companion or yourself can do this interaction, and only the values of the character you send will be checked.
Ways to get the unharmed egg:
- Climb the cliff, and climb down with the egg. (Athletics >= 5, Constitution >= 20)
- Climb the cliff, and secure the egg with a rope. (Athletics >= 5, 1x Rope and Grappling Hook)
- Use a rope to climb the cliff and climb down with egg. (1x Rope and Grappling Hook, Constitution >= 16)
- Use a rope to climb the cliff and secure the egg with a rope. (2x Rope and Grappling Hook)
Ways to get a broken egg:
- Climb the cliff, and climb down with the egg.(Athletics >= 5, Constitution < 20)
- Use a rope to climb the cliff and climb down with egg.(1x Rope and Grappling Hook, Constitution < 16)
|10000||Hendyna, an alchemist in Dyrford, has been having trouble getting supplies due to the brigands and refugees on the roads. She needs fresh ingredients for her potions.
She said that there's an abandoned drake's nest near town. If she could get an egg from it, she'd be able to brew new potions.
|1||Get a dragon egg from Dyrford Crossing.|
|10001||Hendyna told me about a drake's nest east of the village. She thinks it's been abandoned by the drake but not, apparently, by a coven of wurms.
She was attacked by the wurms when she tried to get close to the nest, but she would no doubt appreciate it if I could get an egg for her.
|20001||I had to fight some bandits who appeared to be looking for the egg, too.|
|20002||I met some bandits who were also looking for the egg. I was able to pay them to leave in peace.|
|20000||I found the abandoned roost perched atop a cliff in the northeast area of Dyrford Crossing. It looks like a difficult climb; I may want to check my supplies before I attempt it.|
|3||Bring Hendyna the dragon egg.|
|10003||I got the egg down the cliff without a scratch. Hendyna should be able to get a lot of use out of it.|
|5||Bring Hendyna the broken dragon egg.|
|10005||The egg got broken on the way down the cliff. It's already leaking, but Hendyna could probably still use it to brew potions.|
|30000||Hendyna was overjoyed that brought her a dragon egg in perfect condition. She gave me some ingredients to brew a potion of my own and promised to give me a special discount on her wares.|
|30001||Hendyna was impressed that I'd managed to get the egg. Even though it got cracked, she was confident that it would serve her well. She gave me some ingredients to brew a potion of my own and promised to give me a special discount on her wares.|
|30002||Hendyna was disappointed that the egg was broken, but it sounded like she could salvage some of it. She gave me some ingredients to brew a potion of my own and promised to give me a special discount on her wares.|
|30003||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|