The Queen's Berth is the vast port district sitting at the bottom of the Neketaka mountain. Vast numbers of ships and people pass through the docks every day, bringing wealth into the city and increasing the Queen's might - and that of her competitors maintaining footholds in the vast metropolis. The Vailian Trading Company maintains a substantial presence in the district, operating its main luminous adra mill and headquarters.
Points of interest
- Immediately after you disembark, you're accosted by the local harbormaster, Kaoha. Berath will effectively force you to demonstrate your powers as Watcher and Herald, sending the official fleeing. Now you have access to the entire district. The north-western quarter is where the shipyard is located, staffed by Zamar, with three shops on the way belonging to Rebero, Osa, and a hunter.
- The central road leading east is overlooked by the Valera Estate, Sanza's Map Emporium, and the luminous adra mill. The Bardatto Estate sits above them on an elevated terrace, near the road north, to the upper levels of Neketaka. Ivorr the Bright preaches in the market square.
- The plaza overlooking the Peddler's Canal in the south is a hive of scum and villainy, with The Wild Mare just nearby.
- A number of small docks dot the canal, allowing goods to be ferried along the water and to the surrounding buildings. A skiff from the Undercroft will appear on the westernmost dock in front of the VTC HQ, assuming you left the 'croft via boat. From then, it can be used as a quick shortcut between the two areas.
- The adventurous can visit the Back Alley in the north, especially if they're looking for Dockside Arms and Armor to stock up on tools of war.
- If you free Scyorielaphas during The Shadow Under Neketaka, a small section of the map changes. A portion of the beacon/tower near the docks is destroyed, sections of the cobblestone road are turned up, a nearby statue is toppled, and a number of surrounding crates have knocked over (see below).
- After the bombardment on the district during The Final Maneuver, parts of the VTC HQ roof will be destroyed (though strangely the flag still stands), and the HQ interior will become inaccessible.
- Aenia, local bounty fixer.
- Akema, an island aumaua in the district.
- Cotta, a nasty character from the Príncipi
- Ivorr the Bright, preacher of Gaun.
- Kaoha, harbormaster
- Larro Bardatto, son of the Bardatto family matriarch
- Nera Bardatto, daughter of the Bardatto family matriarch
- Orso Valera, member of the Valera family
- Synbel, street entertainer.
- Tawenu, a Huana in need
- Tiela, a street urchin
- Cobbler, boots, misc items
- Hunter, hunting supplies
- Osa, fish
- Rebero, clothing
- Wanika, weapons and armor
- Zamar, sells Ship upgrades
During Sealed Fate
During A Bigger Fish
- Shrimp, crew member of an RDC junk.
During Family Pride
- Zili Valera, another member of the Valera family.
During Coming to Terms
During Bounty - Lord Admiral Imp
- Lord Admiral Imp, an imp with his gang of Xaurips.
- Abraham - "Wet Dog": On the Luminous Adra Mill balcony.
- Toby - "Lost Dog": On the balcony of the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters.
- Levin - "Neglected Dog": Behind a skiff in the shipyard.