Points of interest
- You enter the area from the eastern side. Just to the south is a wounded winter wolf, which you can choose to kill, heal, or ignore it (see The Hunter's Favor for more details). After the interaction you receive a Silver Arrow in return for the effort, used to create the soulbound hunting bow, Stormcaller.
- To the southeast is the Russetwood crater, with a feral druid and several winter wolves near its western edge. Just beyond a small rocky outcropping is a hunter's camp, where, after sparing the druid wolf in the cave to the north, you can find the hunter's totem needed to bring back Thyrsc's son.
- Defala and her group of slave trackers can be found in a clearing in the center of the area. Just north of her is the ice patch where Qexetl dumps the Giftbearer trinkets (see Regrets Worth Trading for details).
- To the southwest lies an abandoned camp with a soul and a hidden rock containing the tattered map. Interact with the soul to meet archmage Ninagauth.
- Near the western edge of the map is Felisa, with her band of undead cannibals. Just north of that area is the entrance to the encampment of the crag ogres: Flames-That-Whisper caverns. The overlook has a half-buried crate with supplies. If The Ogre Matron is completed without killing the ogres, Morug will setup shop outside the cavern afterwards.
- Greyjaw is an unique bear boss in the clearing just next to the entrance to the caves. The bodies have a journal page on them and the Coil of Resourcefulness.
- Next to it is a clearing with the wolf cave. The cave itself is small and contains Suldrun spiritshifted into a wolf (see The Hunter's Favor for details). The far side has the unique wand Curoc's Brand on a corpse frozen to the wall.
- In the northeastern corner are several encounters. Northeast of the lake, Vamrel leads a group of pale elf slavers struggling with an ogre slave. She drops the unique sabre Bittercut. Further north, there is a body buried in a landslide (pilfer it for a pair of Boots of Speed). A shrine to Galawain in the extreme north-eastern corner is guarded by an Ice Troll.
- If you have the bounty, Laenric will spawn northeast of the lake.
- Defala, a Readceran slaver.
- Felisa, a fampyr cannibal, merchant and follower of Berath.
- Laenric, the leader of the Old Dunryd Hunting Lodge, found during Bounty: Laenric.
- Morug, a Crag ogre merchant who will set up shop outside Flames-That-Whisper caverns after The Ogre Matron if the Watcher did not attack his clan.
- Ninagauth, an archmage appearing as an apparition.
- Suldrun, a spiritshifted druid.
- Vamrel, a pale elf hunter.
- Bittercut: A unique sabre, looted from Vamrel.
- Tattered Map: In the southwestern corner, used to find Ninagauth's Black Pages.
- Greyjaw's Hide: Looted from Greyjaw, a short distance northeast of the Flames-That-Whisper Caverns entrance.
Hollow Log (Hidden, Difficulty 2 - Hunter's camp during The Hunter's Favor):
Crevice (Hidden, Difficulty 5 - Western side of Russetwood pond):
- 3x Vegetable
Corpse (near Greyjaw, left):
Corpse (near Greyjaw, center):
Corpse (near Greyjaw, right):