Points of interest
- You enter the area from the eastern side. Just to the south is a wounded winter wolf. You need Charm Beast, be a chanter, have the Field Triage talent, have the Artist background or 16 Resolve to interact with it and remove the hunter's arrow from its wound. Otherwise, the only option is to attack and kill it. You receive a silver arrow in return for the effort.
- To the southeast is the Russetwood crater, with a feral druid and several winter wolves near its western edge. Just beyond a small rocky outcropping is a hunter's camp, where, after sparing the druid wolf in the cave to the north, you can find the hunter's totem needed to bring back Thyrsc's son.
- Defala and her group of slave trackers can be found in a clearing in the center of the area. Just north of her is the ice patch where Qexetl dumps the Giftbearer trinkets (see Regrets Worth Trading for details).
- To the southwest lies an abandoned camp with a soul and a hidden rock containing the tattered map. Interact with the soul to meet archmage Ninagauth.
- Near the western edge of the map is Felisa, with her band of undead cannibals. Just north of that area is the entrance to the encampment of the crag ogres: Flames-That-Whisper caverns. The overlook has a half-buried crate with supplies. If The Ogre Matron is completed without killing the ogres, Morug will setup shop outside the cavern afterwards.
- Greyjaw is an unique bear boss in the clearing just next to the entrance to the caves. The bodies have a journal page on them and the Coil of Resourcefulness.
- Next to it is a clearing with the wolf cave. The cave itself is small and contains Suldrun spiritshifted into a wolf (see The Hunter's Favor for details). The far side has the unique wand Curoc's Brand on a corpse frozen to the wall.
- In the northeastern corner are several encounters. Northeast of the lake, Vamrel leads a group of pale elf slavers struggling with an ogre slave. She drops the unique sabre Bittercut. Further north, there is a body buried in a landslide (pilfer it for a pair of Boots of Speed). A shrine to Galawain in the extreme north-eastern corner is guarded by an Ice Troll.
- If you have the bounty, Laenric will spawn northeast of the lake.
- Defala: A Readceran slaver.
- Felisa: A fampyr cannibal, merchant and follower of Berath.
- Laenric: The leader of the Old Dunryd Hunting Lodge, found during Bounty: Laenric.
- Morug: Crag ogre merchant who will set up shop outside Flames-That-Whisper caverns after The Ogre Matron if the Watcher did not attack his clan.
- Ninagauth: An archmage appearing as an apparition.
- Suldrun: A spiritshifted druid.
- Vamrel: A pale elf hunter.
White March Story
- Crag Ogres
- 1x Stag Hide
Hollow log: [Hidden stash in the hunter camp] =>Part of The Hunter's Favor quest.
Crevice: [Hidden stash west of the pond]
Crate: [Hidden stash near the abandoned camp]]
- 3x Vegetable
- 1x Fine Hatchet
- 1x Arquebus
- 1x Coil of Resourcefulness
- 1x Camping Supplies
- Random Currency
- 1x Journal Page