Sabotage at the Brass Citadel
|Sabotage at the Brass Citadel|
Neketaka - The Brass Citadel
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
A Vote of No Confidence
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Now that their position within the Vailian Trading Company is secure, the Director has outlined a plan to cripple the Royal Deadfire Company by destroying its powderhouse.
To keep anyone from suspecting the Company's involvement, they have suggested working with animancers to find a more clandestine means of executing the plan.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Flaune Elette at the Spire of the Soul-Seers. She will open a portal to the powderhouse.
- Once inside, sneak or fight your way to the vat in the north western alcove of the room.
- If using stealth, items such as Thief's Putty can be useful. Note that only one character needs to sneak to the vat, the rest can stay by the entrance.
- Plant the explosive and leave the powderhouse, but be quick about it, since the powder house will go up.
- Return to the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters. A messenger will tell you you're needed at Kahanga Palace.
- Attend the meeting at the palace, where the crown demands answers. If you maintain your innocence and deflect suspicion from the VTC, the Company will be in the clear while having crippled the RDC irreversibly.
- In order to deflect suspicion, all you need do is introduce yourself, and then say nothing over and over.
Consequences[edit | edit source]
- Starting and/or completing this quest will cause all active RDC quests to fail if they haven't already.
- The Brass Citadel will be under lockdown for 3 in-game days, and is inaccessible during this time.
- Completing this quest will make you lose Maia Rua as a companion.
- However, when accepting this quest with Maia as a companion in your party, she will have additional dialogue before leaving, giving you the chance to convince her otherwise. All of the following checks are required to keep Maia on your team.
- Pass a Bluff 6 or Diplomacy 5 or Insight 4 passive skill check, or be in any level of relationship with Maia.
- Learn Maia is an assassin during The Courier's Calling, with Tuaha and Harama still alive.
- Tell Maia "You're an assassin. Let the company hire another" OR "They have enough rifles and cannons to punch a hole in the Deadfire without you".
- Be currently at full romance with Maia.
- Pass a silent disposition check where Diplomatic and Shady is NOT rank 2 or above.
- Note that if you are successful and convince her to stay, Maia will leave the navy in her end-game slides.
- If you're successful, you need to ensure that Maia is NOT in the party upon entering the Powderhouse, as she will snitch on you as soon as you enter or you are spotted, causing her to become hostile.
- Tekēhu will have some dialogue after completing this quest, but can easily be swayed into staying in your party.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Sabotage at the Brass Citadel|
|10000||Now that his position within the Vailian Trading Company is secure, Director Castol has outlined a plan to cripple the Royal Deadfire Company by destroying its powderhouse.
To keep anyone from suspecting the Company's involvement, he has suggested working with animancers to find a more clandestine means of executing the plan.
|40001||Now that her position within the Vailian Trading Company is secure, Director Alvari has outlined a plan to cripple the Royal Deadfire Company by destroying its powderhouse.
To keep anyone from suspecting the Company's involvement, she has suggested working with animancers to find a more clandestine means of executing the plan.
|1||Speak with Flaune at the Spire of the Soul-Seekers.|
|10001||The director has enlisted the aid of the animancers to get me into the powderhouse. I was told to speak to Flaune once I'm ready to get things underway.|
|2||Infiltrate and destroy the Royal Deadfire Company's powderhouse.|
|10002||Flaune believes she can transport me into the powderhouse by using the adra pillar located inside the building. That would allow me to bypass a lot of armed guards, but I would have to find my own way out afterwards.
I can always find my own way inside.
|3||Return to the Vailian Trading Company headquarters.|
|10003||The powderhouse has been reduced to burning rubble. Time to get back to the Vailian Trading Company.|
|4||Attend the meeting at the palace.|
|10004||Queen Onekaza has called a meeting at the palace to address the destruction of the powderhouse. Apparently I'm expected there.|
|5||Report to the director.|
|10005||I managed to deflect suspicion away from the Vailian Trading Company. I can make my final report at the headquarters in Queen's Berth.|
|30000||Someone vital to the completion of this quest has been killed.|
|30001||The powderhouse is a smoking ruin, and I maintained the governor's innocence when facing accusations from the queen at the palace. The Vailian Trading Company has successfully crippled their chief rival for Ukaizo.|
|30002||The powderhouse is a smoking ruin. Thanks to my testimony at the palace, the director has taken the fall for the destruction, leaving me in the clear and the Vailian Trading Company without a leader.|