Upon exploring Valtas Manor you witness a strange scene, a group of three undead family members imploring someone called Saeda to come out and join them. Their intentions are obvious, but... Just where is Saeda?
You can find various clues within the manor:
- In the room in which Saeda had barricaded herself to keep her family from eating her, you'll notice a hole in the wall through which she has apparently escaped.
- In the bedroom, a locked chest contains Lord Valtas' Will which mentions the family mausoleum.
- You'll also find a note addressed to the household staff reminding them that the mausoleum key always hangs in the kitchen by the oven.
- But if you check the kitchen, you'll find that the key is missing.
From these clues you should be able to piece together that Saeda has fled to the family mausoleum. (And in fact if you don't play on Expert Mode, the quest journal outright tells you to go there next.)
- Send her to safety:
- If you haven't already cleared the path between the mausoleum and the district gate, now is the time to do so. Once her escape path is cleared, tell her to flee. This completes the quest.
- You can optionally meet her at the gate to gain major positive reputation with both the Knights of the Crucible and Defiance Bay. Note: if the two crucible knights at the gate are dead, you'll have to rush to her quickly before she leaves the map to get this rep. Afterwards, she can be found at Crucible Keep.
- Send her to her death:
- If the quest Undying Heritage is active and you've already spoken to Aldhelm, you can trick Saeda into going to the top of the tower, where Aldhelm will kill and devour her. It should be noted, if you have Grieving Mother in your party this will fail her quest line and she will leave your party.
|10000||I stumbled upon a bizarre scene in Heritage Hill manor - three darguls were crowded around a door, calling for someone named "Saeda."|
|1||Search for Saeda in the Valtas Manor in Heritage Hill.|
|10001||I came across a group of darguls in a manor pounding on a closed door and yelling for someone named "Saeda."|
|20003||There's a small opening to the outside - someone must have pried a section of the wall loose. Where this person went from there is the next question.|
|20000||I found a letter directing the groundskeepers to clean the family mausoleum. It states that the key is kept above the stove in the kitchen.|
|20002||I found the hook where the key is supposedly kept, but it was empty. Presumably someone has already taken it.|
|20001||Saeda's father left a will in which he requested that he and his loved ones be buried in the Valtas family mausoleum "at the right hand of Duc Hadret."|
|3||Go to the Valtas mausoleum in Heritage Hill.|
|10003||The clues I've found in the Valtas manor suggest that Saeda escaped the house and fled to the family mausoleum.|
|5||Rescue Saeda from the Valtas family mausoleum.|
|10005||I've found a girl hiding in a tomb. This must be Saeda, the girl who fled the darguls in the manor.
I wonder what happened to her back in the house.
|Killed Saeda (Fail)|
|30000||Saeda's dead. The darguls in her house are the least of her problems now.|
|Saeda to tower|
|30001||I sent Saeda to Aldhelm Graeg in Teir Nowneth. It's a tragic end for her, but I needed to sustain him.|
|30003||I sent Saeda out of the district. She couldn't stay in the tomb much longer, and the way back was clear.|