Sanza is a character in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
The premiere cartographer of Neketaka, Sanza is a workaholic who literally sleeps in his office while working on the maps of the Archipelago. Sanza is excitable and possibly a little hyper, but there's no denying that he is an excellent specialist in his field. He is also very fond of his dog Kaleb, who hogs all the blanket.
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Maps of Deadfire and grimoires, including the Snakeskin Grimoire. Also sells the spyglass and plenty of lore books, including the books pointing you in the direction of the various Mega Boss Battles.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character has other interactions.||
- Mapping the Archipelago: This series of quests takes you all over the Deadfire to map the uncharted islands - and name them.
- After completing all of the map quests, Sanza rewards you with 7,000 and 10x Forgetful Night, asking you to return later when his book is complete. Upon returning (although you can just talk to him immediately after), he hands you your very own copy of The Explorer's Guide to the Deadfire Archipelago.
Behind the scenes
- A seemingly unused cutscene exists where Sanza is mid-dialogue with a street urchin when you enter:
- "Hm, yes, well, next time- ah, next time you will not give me a coin purse reeking of rat piss, understand? Or I'll charge you twice the rat. Ah, rate! Twice the rate."
- "Now, if that's all, I wish you a good day. Thank you for your, ah, distinguished patronage. Do come again. Perhaps with silvers.
- "Give them a spit shine, at least. That's a good lad."