This ancient temple was erected by Engwithans in ages past, and was adapted by the Glanfathans for the worship of Hylea. In recent times, a sky dragon took a liking to the temple and attacked it, burning a few of the faithful, scattering the rest, and settling in.
Points of interest
- The temple is a single, open space overlooking the peaks of the mountain range. Getting there is harder and will require using either a hammer and chisel to clear the way, or high stats. Otherwise, your least nimble character will get a whipping due to the avalanche caused by the dragon.
- Moving around on the lower ledge, you can find a Cloudsinger Songbird in a lootable nest, for the quest Songs of The Wild.
- In the center of the temple is the Sky Dragon, who you will need to deal with to resolve The Nest Above the Clouds.
- Godansthunyr: A unique war hammer, in a Bone Pile to the north.
- Willbreaker: A grimoire in the dragon's nest.
- Pensiavi mes Rèi: In a Bone Pile to the south.
Behind the scenes
- The map was originally intended to be placed in Oldsong, but was later moved to a mountain range peak, to better space the locations out.
- This area contains developer commentary.
|“||The Nest, Hylea's temple. This area was first aslotted to appear in Oldsong, the temple district of Twin Elms, but then Bobby and I during one of our many conversations about how to spread our world maps locations, sort of decided that it was a cool idea to have it appear elsewhere. From the start this place was meant to be an open-air shrine, it's after all the shrine of the goddess of the sky and the birds. So at first this was supposed to happen atop a tower, but after our decision I blocked this out as a temple nested on a mountain peak. April Giron immediately loved the blockout and said "Oh, you know what I really like that", and I replied "Cool, want to take a stab at it?" The result was a fantastic scene, really. Whenever people feel really passionate about something it's best to let them run with it and see where it goes.||”|
|~ Jorge Salgado, Designer