- Warning: Accepting this quest means choosing The Dozens as your faction in Defiance Bay, meaning you can no longer ally with nor perform quests for House Doemenel or the Knights of the Crucible.
Wenan fears a new scheme by the Crucible Knights and is looking for powerful weapons to hold them back. He asks the Watcher to find mighty Engwithan weaponry from the ruins of Lle a Rhemen. A rival adventuring group, Byne's Giantslayers, was sent but has been unsuccessful.
- Travel to the Woodend Plains to meet with the Giantslayers. Their encampment is located on the south end of the map.
- Either persuade or kill the Giantslayers to get the Engraved Adra Disc. You have several options to persuade:
- Travel to Stormwall Gorge and approach the stone circle. Defeat Commander Cafel and the rest of the Knights.
- Wait until night and insert the Engraved Adra Disc into the slot for the water to recede.
- Enter Lle a Rhemen. Make your way past the cobweb area.
- Locate and speak with Nridek. Either choose to let it go or kill it.
- Note that killing Nridek is necessary to enchant the unique spear Cladhalíath.
- Approach the sarcophagus behind Nridek and collect the ancient Engwithan weapon.
- Return to Wenan in Admeth's Den to receive your reward.
- Accepting this quest bars you from taking The Changing of the Guard (for House Doemenel) or Winds of Steel (for the Knights of the Crucible).
- Completing this quest allows you to get an invitation to the Animancy hearings from The Dozens.
- The dialog choice with Wenan about the Crucible Knights affects the end-game slides for Defiance Bay.
|0||The Bronze Beneath the Lake|
|10000||Wenan fears a new scheme by the Crucible Knights and is looking for powerful weapons to hold them back. He's asked me to find mighty Engwithan weaponry from the ruins of Lle a Rhemen.
A rival adventuring group, Byne's Giantslayers, was sent but has been unsuccessful.
|1||Meet with the Giantslayers at Woodend Plains.|
|10001||According to Wenan, the Giantslayers couldn't find a way into the ruins. He wants me to meet them at their camp at Woodend Plains to see if they learned anything useful about the site, which is in Stormwall Gorge to the east.|
|20000||The Giantslayers mentioned that the Crucible Knights have been patrolling Stormwall Gorge more than usual. I'll have to watch my step out there.|
|2||Enter the ruins via Stormwall Gorge.|
|10002||The Giantslayers found what they believe to be an adra "key" to the ruins at Stormwall Gorge, just east of Woodend Plains, but they couldn't figure out how to use it. Now that I have it, I can try my luck.|
|3||Find the weapons of Lle a Rhemen.|
|10003||If Wenan is right, the ruins of Lle a Rhemen contain a cache of powerful weapons. I'm sure I'll know them when I see them.|
|4||Bring the weapons to Wenan at the expedition hall in Copperlane.|
|10004||I found the ancient weapons Wenan was looking for at Lle a Rhemen.
They're tarnished beyond repair, and they seem to contain the remnants of some kind of soul energy. I can explain this to Wenan at the expedition hall.
|20001||I found a spear that's still in perfect condition. One weapon may not be enough to interest Wenan, but I may be able to imbue it with my own essence and keep it for myself. It seems that someone else did the same thing in these ruins long ago.|
|30000||I retrieved the Engwithan weapons for Wenan, but I had to kill a patrol of Crucible Knights in the process. At least I've gained the trust of the Dozens.|
|30001||I retrieved the Engwithan weapons for Wenan, but I had to kill a patrol of Crucible Knights and the Giantslayers in the process. At least I've gained the trust of the Dozens.|
|30002||Wenan is dead. I don't know of anyone else who would be interested in the Engwithan weapons now.|