Rum-Dumb Riggere's freedom can be achieved through a number of means:
- Riggere's freedom can be purchased from Savia for 400.
- Assisting Savia with the task, Restoring Order, allows you to negotiate a discounted price of 300.
- The cell door can be lockpicked with Mechanics 3. You can find a couple of lockpicks in a hidden straw pile towards the back of the left most cell (requires at least 14 Perception to reveal).
- The Port Maje Jail Key can be acquired by pick-pocketing Savia (requires at least 1 Sleight of Hand). It is advised to unlock the door while in stealth as unlocking the door within Savia's view will turn her hostile.
- A Cinder Bomb, Grenade, Immolator, Blister Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Frost Bomb or Implosion Charge can be placed on the wall outside of the Port Maje jail. Cinder bombs are available from Norgund on the upper floor of The Kraken's Eye.
- Lastly, you can just kill Savia and loot the key from her.
- If you unlock the door through illegal means without opening it, then bail him out legally with money, Savia will say "What? I know I locked this..." when she opens the door.
- Savia rests away from the cell at certain time.
- Bailing Rum-Dumb Riggere out means you have to pay his wage 2 per day even though your ship's still broken.
|0||The Drunk Sailor|
|10000||Rum-Dumb Riggere, a sailor imprisoned in Port Maje's jail, has offered to join my ship's crew if I free him.|
|40001||I broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail. He wants to meet me outside.|
|40002||I killed Savia and broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail. He's offered to join my crew in exchange for helping him escape the island and any blame for the constable's death.|
|1||Free Rum-Dumb Riggere.|
|10001||Riggere said that Commander Savia will free him if his fine is paid. Unfortunately, he's racked up a fine of 400 pires.|
|20000||Riggere said that Savia carries the jail cell key on her person.|
|20001||It might be possible to destroy the stonework around the outside of jail window to free Riggere. It'll be noisy, but effective.|
|20002||Norgund, a merchant on the upper floor of The Kraken's Eye in Port Maje, trades in the kind of items I might need to break Riggere out of his cell.|
|20003||I killed Savia. Taking the jail cell key from her body and freeing Riggere should be my next step.|
|20004||I acquired the jail cell key from Savia.|
|5||Meet up with Rum-Dumb Riggere.|
|10005||Now that he's free, Rum-Dumb Riggere wants to meet me by the market in Port Maje.|
|30000||I paid Rum-Dumb Riggere's fine and gave him his freedom.|
|30001||I broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail.|
|30002||I used an explosive to destroy the bars on Riggere's jail cell window. He made his escape in the resulting chaos.|
|30003||I killed Savia and broke Rum-Dumb Rigger out of jail.|