- Talk to Galvino to receive the quest and learn of his desire to take revenge on the man who wronged him. Then travel back to Stalwart and sneak into the fishery to search it.
- There are two ways to go about this. One option is to wait till nighttime and sneak in while the fishery is empty. The other is to go during the daytime, but anyone in the fishery at that time will automatically become hostile when picking up the bracelet. You will incur moderate negative reputation for Stalwart for every enemy killed in the fishery,
- You can find Arda's bracelet in the back on the shelves, which will reveal Grynde's past and his habit of stealing from other villagers to support his habit... And the fact that he killed his sister when she tried to make him leave Stalwart.
- Grynde will walk in with several fishermen, including Lurgolder, if you saved him. The bracelet allows you to confront Grynde over killing his sister. At this point, you can:
- Give him the bracelet, allowing him to continue his work (as he tries to honor his sister's memory through work) (Stalwart Village: Minor Positive reputation).
- Tell him to come clean with Stalwart with Resolve 16.
- Manipulate him into coming clean with Perception 15.
- Demand a bribe.
- Attack and kill him.
- After all's said and done, return to Galvino.
|0||The Fisherman's Penance|
|10000||Galvino holds a grudge against Grynde, Stalwart's head fisherman. He wants me to expose Grynde's ripple sponge addiction to the rest of the town.|
|40001||I met Grynde, the head fisherman of Stalwart. He's a gruff fellow, but he seems to take a lot of pride in his role.|
|1||Search the fishery at night.|
|10001||Galvino believes that Grynde keeps a stash of ripple sponge somewhere in the fishery.
He warned me to search the building at night when all the fishermen have gone home.
|2||Return to Galvino.|
|10002||I've dealt with Grynde. Galvino will want to know how things turned out.|
|30000||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|
|Killed Grynde while on the quest|
|30001||I killed Grynde before I discovered anything incriminating. Galvino was disappointed.|
|Killed Grynde after getting ambushed|
|30002||Grynde ambushed me, and I killed him. Galvino was satisfied, though he would have preferred to see Grynde thoroughly disgraced.|
|Got Grynde to leave town|
|30003||Galvino was pleased to hear that Grynde was leaving town in disgrace. He rewarded me accordingly.|
|Returned the bracelet to Grynde|
|30004||Grynde convinced me not to turn him in. Galvino may be disappointed, but I think I made the right choice.|
|Told Grynde about Galvino's Plan|
|30005||Grynde thanked me for informing him about Galvino's plot.|
|Gave Grynde bracelet in return for cash|
|30006||Grynde paid me for my silence. Galvino will be disappointed.|