The Goose and Fox was founded in the early days of Dyrwoodan independence by a traveling scholar named Erol of Levi. He wanted a place where kith of all backgrounds could gather and hash out the issues facing their new country. It didn't take long for the place to fill up. Brackenbury aristocrats argued with dock workers from the Gift while soldiers wrangled with politicians. Dyrwoodans have never been known to turn down an argument. Soon, kith were coming from the farms and settlements, attracting enough patrons that it rivaled The Salty Mast.
However, no free speech is free from consequences. Although Erol prided himself on encouraging fair-mindedness and civil debate, he eventually found himself on the wrong side of an argument with the wrong thayn. His disappearance a few days later is speculated to be either the work of the thayn or Erol realizing that discretion is the better part of valor and skipping town.
Points of interest
- The ground floor is divided into two halves, the common room with the counter and Bishop (plus numerous backer characters), with Kaenra sitting in the back, and a kitchen with a locked chest containing Bartender's Ring. The corridor running around the kitchen contains several alcoves for private discussion and meetings.
- The upper floor has Two-Tone Weaxel and his merry band of adventurers, as well as several rooms with minor loot (and several hundred coppers).
- Bishop: The owner and innkeeper. Provides rooms, food, and adventurers for hire.
- Kaenra: Starts the quest His Old Self.
- Two-Tone Weaxel: He and his four other companions (Dread-Shot Daedon, Hurdy, Ilfa and Key), are drinking on the second floor. They are involved in the task Something Secret.
- Lower floor
- Brad Furis
- Irishti Tungsten
- Lupites Silvarum
- Mikerus Solomatine
- Roi Ninguen
- The Vulture
- Upper floor
- Bhoor Acharya
- Dash Oki
- Harrod Raoul
- Ishana Glynn
- Lexcanium MacCrege
|The Common Room||
|Merchant's Stay||2 rests||
|Fletcher's Stay||2 rests||
|Suite of Worldly Wonders||2 rests||
|Vixen's Burrow||2 rests||
- Random weapon
- Random potion/scroll
- Random currency
Behind the scenes
- This area contains developer commentary:
|“||Since this inn belongs to a world traveller we made sure to decorate it with items from all over the different regions of the game. This included the stuffed Stelgaer in the corner that we lovingly named "Duke Bitey von Levi". Sadly, the dukes name did not make it into the final game, but he lives on in our hearts.||”|
|~ Denise McMurry, Level Designer