The History of Eora, Volume IX: The Birth of Engwith is a book and quest item in The Forgotten Sanctum.
"In the time before kith invented time, or mathematics, or architecture, an insular tribe of goatherds dwelt at the bottom of a steep mountain valley. They made their homes in caves on sheer cliffsides, and when the sun set, they watched the stars wheel through the void of night. In their watching, they developed a theory of the nature of things, and so began a quest to make it true."
- Restricted Section: The furthest bookshelf in the room furthest to the southeast area of the map.
- In order to get it, you'll need to sneak past a lot of Librarians, including a tight patrol route at the very end. They will attack you if you're spotted. Alternatively, you can just cut your way through.
- Put on its lectern in the northwestern part of the Restricted Section. Activate the device to open the door leading to the western stairs to the Central Stacks.
- Correct lectern (3rd from the left): "They looked upon the world as it was and were unsatisfied, so they remade it as they thought it should be."
- The books needed are History of Eora volumes V, VII, IX and X.