The Theorems of Pandgram
|The Theorems of Pandgram|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Give Nedyn the book without killing Grimda
Give Nedyn the book after killing Grimda
Ask Nedyn for more payment (only possible without killing Grimda)
Report Nedyn to Grimda
The Parable of Wael
|This article is about the quest in Pillars of Eternity. For the item, see Theorems of Pandgram. For the item in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, see The Theorems of Pandgram (book).|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Nedyn, an animancer at the Brackenbury sanitarium, is studying the problem of soul attachment and bonding. She is missing a crucial element of the puzzle, the Theorems of Pandgram, needed to further her research, and requires the Watcher's aid in obtaining a copy of the text.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
You now have three options:
- Earn your access to the Elder Archives
- Break into the Elder Archives
- Either kill Grimda and take the key to the Elder Archives from her body, or pick the lock (Difficulty 5). In the first case, the entire Hall turns hostile. You can grab the Theorems of Pandgram and fight your way out. In the second case, you can safely pick the lock and then enter the room as long as you're in scouting mode - even if the icon shows you are visible to the nearby NPC.
- Report Nedyn to Grimda
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Killing the backer NPC in the Hall of Revealed Mysteries, even if it's the only NPC who dies in the process, leads to the same outcome as if you were taking the Theorems of Pandgram by brute force, with Nedyn being not so happy about the massacre once you return to her. Verify
- An unfinished version of this quest can be found in the game files with the name
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Theorems of Pandgram|
|10000||Nedyn, an animancer I met in front of the Brackenbury Sanitarium, told me of the Elder Archives and the rare manuscripts they contain, including one by an animancer named Pandgram.
She needs the Theorems of Pandgram to continue her research, but the archivists won't give her access.
|1||Go to the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in Copperlane.|
|10001||The Elder Archives are hidden in the Hall of Revealed Mysteries, which is in Copperlane. I'll find the Elder Archives somewhere in the great library located there.|
|20000||I've learned that Grimda is the only one who can grant access to the Archives.|
|2||Find the Elder Archives.|
|10002||I found a way inside the Hall of Revealed Mysteries, but the Elder Archives lie behind more locked doors.|
|3||Get the Theorems of Pandgram.|
|10003||I made it into the Elder Archives. The manuscript that Nedyn asked for should be in here somewhere.|
|4||Retrieve the scroll of Wael for Grimda.|
|10004||Grimda has asked me to retrieve a stolen scroll of Wael.
If I do this for her, I may be able to get access to the Elder Archives.
|20001||Grimda has granted me access to the Elder Archives.|
|5||Return to Nedyn outside the Brackenbury Sanitarium.|
|10005||I found the Theorems of Pandgram in the Elder Archives. Nedyn will be pleasantly surprised to see it.|
|30000||I obtained the Theorems of Pandgram for Nedyn, who was ecstatic to finally have it in her hands.|
|30001||I obtained the Theorems of Pandgram for Nedyn. She wasn't too pleased with the bloodshed at the Hall of Revealed Mysteries.|
|30002||I informed Grimda of Nedyn's interest in the Theorems of Pandgram. Grimda thanked me for warning her and has taken measures to protect the book from any further attempts. She rewarded me for my honesty.|
|30003||Nedyn has been slain.|