Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
This is the lowest level of the inhabited parts of Neketaka, where the Principi and the Watershapers bring in cargo and other goods into the Gullet. This vast cavern contains more than just docks: It has an entire smugglers port!
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
The first time you enter the area, you witness a cut-scene of the water shaper's changing the current to smuggle in goods. Your party members will give a few comments.
- Serafen: "A Sight an a half that be, cap. Damn near wets the eyes."
- Tekēhu: Directly talk to you concerning the quest Trade Secrets.
- Entry points
- There are two ways into the Undercroft:
- After rowing the skiff out of the Undercroft (see below), you are able to freely travel back and forth via the docks at Queen's Berth
- Normal entry
- You'll immediately got accosted by a pirate, questioning your business in the Undercroft.
- Explain yourself and head on. You can take a shortcut by using the ropes in the center to get across to the other side (Athletics 4 gets everyone across safely).
- The smuggler fort is in the northeast corner, with a skiff to the side that allows you to safely exit to Queen's Berth without having to backtrack. The upper floor has Captain Mad Morena, the head smuggler, and a locked chest in her chamber that contains Príncipi colors necessary for entering Fort Deadlight without triggering the alarm.
- Gwenfin waits for you by the entrance to the Old City Ruins in the northwest. She'll head in once you approach.
- In the southwest is a locked cage full of wild Boar. Unlocking the cage will cause the boars to attack.
- Unauthorized entry
- If you enter via the Old City Ruins without the quest The Cornett's Call or Goods and Services, the pirates will attack you. There are two ways to escape without inciting the hostility of the pirates and by virtue receive a significant strike to your reputation with the Príncipi.
- Negotiate with Mad Morena.
- Go across the ropes nearby (Athletics 4), then approach the pirate guarding the lift, he will guide you to the captain if you:
- Or sneak into Mad Morena's quarters and reveal yourself.
- Mad Morena will ask for your business:
- Sneak through to the skiff on the east side of the fort without alarming any guards. You only need a single character of your team to reach it to be able to leave safely.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
- A hidden Ruby, in a Wooden Post, on the end of the Main Docks.
- Ring of Minor Protection, in a hidden rubble pile in the boar cage, along with some ingredients.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Rowing the skiff to Queen's Berth: