Winds of Steel
|Winds of Steel|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Built to Last
The Hermit of Hadret House
- Warning: Accepting this quest means choosing the Knights of the Crucible as your faction in Defiance Bay, meaning you can no longer ally with nor perform quests for House Doemenel or the The Dozens.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Commander Clyver's forge knights seem to have been a success. In fact, the High Justice wants to expand by having his own forge masters build more forge knights at Fleetbreaker Castle. Commander Clyver asks the Watcher to deliver the research to one of the High Justice's commanders at Anslog's Compass.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet Aranroed by the docks in Anslög's Compass. She's located to the southeast, near the Dial. Defeat the mercenaries who show up under Padebald's command.
- Go back to Crucible Keep and defeat the rogue forge knights.
- Report back to Commander Clyver. You can choose to encourage him to continue his research or convince him otherwise.
If The Blade of the Endless Paths is not yet complete, DO NOT talk to Dunstan at this point. You must exit the keep, then re-enter in order for the quest to complete properly. If you give him the blade parts while he is in the war room, the quest may bug and you will never receive the completed blade.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Accepting this quest bars you from taking The Changing of the Guard (for House Doemenel) or The Bronze Beneath the Lake (for The Dozens).
- Completing this quest allows you to get an invitation to the Animancy hearings from the Knights of the Crucible.
- If any knights die from the forge knights, they may drop Crucible plate armor.
- Your choice to encourage Clyver to continue his Forge Knight research or not affects the end-game slides for Defiance Bay.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Winds of Steel|
|10000||Commander Clyver's forge knights seem to have been a success. In fact, the High Justice wants to expand by having his own forge masters build more forge knights at Fleetbreaker Castle.
Commander Clyver asked me to deliver the research to one of the High Justice's commanders at Anslög's Compass.
|1||Travel to Anslög's Compass.|
|10001||Anslög's Compass is a lagoon just north of Defiance Bay. Commander Clyver told me that the High Justice's courier, a commander named Aranroed, will be waiting there. Sending a ship directly to Defiance Bay would likely attract the attention of the Dozens.|
|2||Meet Aranroed by the dock.|
|10002||Aranroed will be waiting for the research by the dock.|
|3||Return to Crucible Keep.|
|10003||I've delivered the research to Aranroed, and she's on her way back to Fleetbreaker Castle. I should return to Crucible Keep in First Fires - Commander Clyver will want to know that the research was delivered successfully.|
|20002||Padebald, a member of the Dozens, ambushed the Crucible Knights and me during the exchange. The Dozens are bent on stopping the Crucible Knights from building an army of forge knights.|
|20000||I've survived an ambush by the Dozens, who attempted to steal Vianna's research. They were intent on keeping it from reaching Fleetbreaker Castle. Aranroed is now on her way to deliver the research.|
|4||Defeat the rogue forge knights.|
|10004||I've returned to the Crucible Keep only to find that the forge knights have run amok. The Crucible Knights seem to be fighting a losing battle.|
|20001||I don't know what went wrong with the forge knights, but perhaps Commander Clyver can explain - if he survives the battle.|
|5||Return to Crucible Keep.|
|10005||With Aranroed dead, the forge knight research will never reach Fleetbreaker Castle. In any case, I should return to Crucible Keep in First Fires and report back to Commander Clyver.|
|6||Speak to Commander Clyver.|
|10006||With the forge knight threat ended, I should speak to Commander Clyver and find out what happened here, as well as report what happened at Anslög's Compass.|
|Crucible Keep Saved|
|30000||I helped defend the Crucible Keep from the forge knights. Clyver's given me his thanks and his promise of support in the future.|
|30002||Commander Clyver is dead. I won't be able to count on the support of the Crucible Knights now.|